Exporting Database Information
Your software has the ability to export many tables in the database using the Export function.
- Select the Tools pull-down menu.
- Click Export to Text File.
- On the Export Database Information to a File screen, select the data that you would like to export. Each selection will be saved as its own text (.txt) file.
- Click Export. You will be prompted to select a file name and location for each file. These files are tab-delimited text files and can be opened with Microsoft Excel.
- When you are prompted for the connection information in the Data Connection Wizard, refer to File > Database Controls in your software for the Server Name. It's displayed in the Network Settings section.
- In the Log on credentials section, select Use the following User Name and Password. The user name will be sa and the password will be your database password if you have one. If you do not have one, it will be CMJsoftware4477.
- Select your program name from the pull-down menu and follow the prompts to select the table you would like to connect with Excel.
Did you find this article helpful?